- 1 Which function of management is concerned with monitoring the results of a decision?
- 2 What managers do is best described by which of the following?
- 3 Is short run planning more important than long run planning?
- 4 What is it called when a decision maker recognizes information that supports a decision while ignoring contracting information?
- 5 What are the 7 functions of management?
- 6 What are the steps in the management process?
- 7 What are the 5 principles of management?
- 8 What are the three levels of management?
- 9 What do mean by MBO?
- 10 Which type of planning is for short period of time?
- 11 What is short and long-term goals?
- 12 Why is medium term planning important?
Which function of management is concerned with monitoring the results of a decision?
Controlling is the process of monitoring activities, measuring performance, comparing results to objectives, and making modifications and corrections when needed.
What managers do is best described by which of the following?
“What managers do” is best described by which of the following? Maximizing profit is the only goal managers use to make decisions. Even choosing the best alternative action will sometimes produce undesirable results.
Is short run planning more important than long run planning?
Short-run planning is more important than long-run planning. Goals must be known before management decisions can be made. Because weather and prices are unpredictable, it is impossible to plan more than one year in advance. Strategic planning only needs to be done by beginning farmers and ranchers.
What is it called when a decision maker recognizes information that supports a decision while ignoring contracting information?
What is it called when a decision maker recognizes information that supports a decision, while ignoring contracting information? confirmation bias. Automated experiences are based on: well-known situations.
What are the 7 functions of management?
Luther Gulick, Fayol’s successor, further defined 7 functions of management or POSDCORB— planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating, reporting and budgeting.
What are the steps in the management process?
Originally identified by Henri Fayol as five elements, there are now four commonly accepted functions of management that encompass these necessary skills: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. 1 Consider what each of these functions entails, as well as how each may look in action.
What are the 5 principles of management?
At the most fundamental level, management is a discipline that consists of a set of five general functions: planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling. These five functions are part of a body of practices and theories on how to be a successful manager.
What are the three levels of management?
The 3 Different Levels of Management
- Administrative, Managerial, or Top Level of Management.
- Executive or Middle Level of Management.
- Supervisory, Operative, or Lower Level of Management.
What do mean by MBO?
Management by objectives (MBO) is a strategic management model that aims to improve the performance of an organization by clearly defining objectives that are agreed to by both management and employees.
Which type of planning is for short period of time?
Short-term plans generally allocate resources for a year or less. They may also be referred to as operational plans because they are concerned with daily activities and standard business operations.
What is short and long-term goals?
Goals that can happen quickly are called short-term goals. Goals that take a long time to achieve are called long-term goals. A short-term goal is something you want to accomplish soon. A short term goal is a goal you can achieve in 12 months or less.
Why is medium term planning important?
– Medium term planning is necessary for the establishment of clear and accurate awareness of the aims, goals and objectives. – Medium term planning helps teachers to organise their knowledge of and make sophisticated judgements about the nature and structure of the subject matter and grade level.