- 1 What is it called when there is no good outcome?
- 2 What is a choice between two bad options called?
- 3 What is the word for difficult choice?
- 4 What do you do when both options are bad?
- 5 What does a pessimist when confronted with two bad choices chooses both mean?
- 6 What does the idiom at a crossroads mean?
- 7 What are the most difficult decisions to make in life?
- 8 What does it mean to be in a state of dilemma?
- 9 What is an ultimatum?
- 10 What does it mean to not have a choice?
- 11 What is a slang word for no?
What is it called when there is no good outcome?
Sophie’s choice refers to an extremely difficult decision a person has to make. It describes a situation where no outcome is preferable over the other. This can be either because both outcomes are equally desirable or both are equally undesirable.
What is a choice between two bad options called?
The exact dilemma seems to be exactly what you’re describing–Morton’s fork, which is: a choice between two equally unpleasant alternatives (in other words, a dilemma), or two lines of reasoning that lead to the same unpleasant conclusion.
What is the word for difficult choice?
A troublesome or difficult situation. bother. dilemma. predicament.
What do you do when both options are bad?
Often the most challenging decisions are when it feels like both options have negative outcomes. There is a simple way to make these types of decisions easier. Stop Being Undecided
- Write down the outcome you fear about both options.
- Challenge each of those fears.
- Re-write the options with your new frame.
What does a pessimist when confronted with two bad choices chooses both mean?
A pessimist, when confronted with two bad choices, chooses both – Proverb, meaning a pessimist will not be happy with anything- even many choices. A man has a choice to begin love, but not to end it- Proverb, meaning we can choose to start a relationship, but now the relationship develops is often beyond our control.
What does the idiom at a crossroads mean?
At a point of decision or a critical juncture, as in Because of the proposed merger, the company is standing at the crossroads. This phrase, based on the importance accorded to the intersection of two roads since ancient times, has also been used figuratively just about as long.
What are the most difficult decisions to make in life?
- 10 Difficult Decisions You’ll Make in Life (and How to Make Them)
- Choosing a college major.
- Deciding on a career.
- Making a career change.
- Going back to school or get an advanced degree.
- Figuring out where to live.
- Renting or buying a house.
- Deciding who to date.
What does it mean to be in a state of dilemma?
A dilemma is a tough choice. When you’re in a difficult situation and each option looks equally bad, you’re in a dilemma. Dilemma is from a Greek for “double proposition.” It was originally a technical term of logic, but we use it now for any time you have a problem with no satisfactory solution.
What is an ultimatum?
: a final proposition, condition, or demand especially: one whose rejection will end negotiations and cause a resort to force or other direct action.
What does it mean to not have a choice?
DEFINITIONS1. if you have no choice or little choice, you have to do something. I had no choice other than to accept what he said. Many mothers have little choice but to work. Synonyms and related words.
What is a slang word for no?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list. ain’t – bah – forget it – for shizzle – GTFO – hell no – hells no – hells to the no – hell to the no – na – nah – NAK – naw – negative – negatory – nope – not on (one’s) life. – no way – shintock – true dat – uh-uh – yeah, no – yeah right.