- 1 What conflict occurs when an individual must decide between two equally desirable options?
- 2 Which of the following is an example of a stressor that would be classified as a hassle According to Richard Lazarus?
- 3 Which researcher studied the effects of stress on health and the body?
- 4 What are 4 types of motivational conflict?
- 5 What are the three basic forms of conflict?
- 6 What is an example of multiple approach avoidance?
- 7 What are the 5 types of coping strategies?
- 8 Which are the four major sources of stress according to the textbook?
- 9 Can anxiety weaken your immune system?
- 10 What are the 3 stages of stress?
- 11 Does stress weaken your immune system?
- 12 What are motives of conflict?
- 13 What are main sources of conflict?
- 14 What are the 4 types of conflicts psychology?
What conflict occurs when an individual must decide between two equally desirable options?
The approach-approach conflict is when there’s conflict within a person where her or she needs to decide between two goals that are both appealing. The conflict is typically resolved when there’s movement towards one of the goals. This makes it easier to make the final decision.
Which of the following is an example of a stressor that would be classified as a hassle According to Richard Lazarus?
Which of the following is an example of a stressor that would be classified as a hassle according to Richard Lazarus? Lazarus focused on the minor daily annoyances, such as losing your car keys, as a significant source of stress in our lives.
Which researcher studied the effects of stress on health and the body?
Hans Selye pioneered the field of stress research and provided arguments that stress impacted health. If alarm reactions continue, the body begins getting used to being stressed.
What are 4 types of motivational conflict?
They identified four major ways in which these tendencies could oppose one another and, thus, defined four major types of conflict. (i) Approach-approach. (ii) Avoidance-avoidance. (iii) Approach-avoidance.
What are the three basic forms of conflict?
In particular, three types of conflict are common in organizations: task conflict, relationship conflict, and value conflict.
What is an example of multiple approach avoidance?
An example would be choosing between two different cars, each with differing pros and cons. One car gets great gas mileage and has lots of fancy stuff (approaching) but is very expensive and expensive to maintain (avoidance).
What are the 5 types of coping strategies?
The five emotion-focused coping strategies identified by Folkman and Lazarus are: disclaiming. escape-avoidance. Emotion-focused coping strategies
- releasing pent-up emotions.
- distracting oneself.
- managing hostile feelings.
- mindfulness practices.
- using systematic relaxation procedures.
Which are the four major sources of stress according to the textbook?
This process begins with a better understanding of stress, how it originates, and how you can mitigate it. There are four major types of stress: time stress, anticipatory stress, situational stress, and encounter stress. Each of these has its own nuances, drawbacks, and even benefits.
Can anxiety weaken your immune system?
“ Stress and anxiety have a tremendous impact on our immune system,” said David Tolin, PhD, director of the Anxiety Disorders Center at Hartford Hospital’s Institute of Living. “We know excess levels of stress produce hormonal changes that lower the body’s resistance to colds and other infections.”
What are the 3 stages of stress?
Selye identified these stages as alarm, resistance, and exhaustion. Understanding these different responses and how they relate to each other may help you cope with stress.
Does stress weaken your immune system?
Your Stress Level is Sky-High According to a report by the American Psychological Association, long-term stress weakens the responses of your immune system. “That’s because stress decreases the body’s lymphocytes, the white blood cells that help fight off infection.
What are motives of conflict?
Sometimes the urge to do something worthy or good or pleasurable is opposed by the fact that it involves pain or inconvenience or hard work. Then the organism is in conflict between two opposite motives. That is one form of motivational conflict called an approach/avoidance conflict.
What are main sources of conflict?
Six Sources of Conflict
- Lack of role clarification. Conflict can emerge when it is unclear who is responsible for what task or what part of a project.
- Poor processes.
- Communication problems.
- Lack of performance standards.
- Lack of resources.
- Unreasonable time constraints.
What are the 4 types of conflicts psychology?
Six situations produce four types of conflict: approach, avoidance, approach-approach, avoidance-avoidance, approach-avoidance and double approach-avoidance.