- 1 Can a 12 year old say who they want to live with?
- 2 Can 12 year old decide parent they want live?
- 3 Can a 12 year old decide which parent they want to live with UK?
- 4 Can a child say who they want to live with?
- 5 What age does a child have a say in court?
- 6 How old does a kid have to be to say who they want to live with?
- 7 Can a child refuse to see a parent?
- 8 Can I choose to live with my dad at 12?
- 9 Can a 10 year old decide which parent to live with?
- 10 Do mothers have more rights than fathers UK?
- 11 What age can a child make their own decision?
- 12 Can a 14 year old choose where they want to live?
- 13 How can a mother lose custody?
- 14 What if your child doesn’t want to live with you?
- 15 How do you win a child relocation case?
Can a 12 year old say who they want to live with?
Although the law specifically permits children at least 14-years-old to express an opinion, there is no specific age when a judge will listen to a child’s opinion. California statutes also permit a child younger than 14 years old to testify regarding a custodial preference, unless the court decides it’s not in the
Can 12 year old decide parent they want live?
Child’s Wishes for Custodial Parent is Currently Up to Judge’s Discretion. Currently, there is no specific age where the Court will consider the wishes of a child in deciding custody matters. Currently there is no specific age where the Court will consider the wishes of a child in deciding custody matters.
Can a 12 year old decide which parent they want to live with UK?
What Does the Law Say? A child cannot legally decide who they want to live with until the age of 16. However, this may extend to 17 or 18 if there is a child arrangement order in place that specifies where a child should live.
Can a child say who they want to live with?
At what age can the child speak for himself? While no law permits the child to choose their custody status, most California courts believe 14 years of age is old enough to express themselves and the reasons why they prefer one parent over the other.
What age does a child have a say in court?
If the question of who the child is to live with has to be resolved through court proceedings, then the courts will start to place weight on a child’s wishes when they are considered competent to understand the situation. This can be around the age of 12 or 13 but varies on the circumstances.
How old does a kid have to be to say who they want to live with?
In California, your child will be heard at age 14 or older with regard to who he or she would prefer to live with.
Can a child refuse to see a parent?
In cases where parents can’t agree, a judge will decide visitation and custody based on the child’s best interests. Both parents are bound by the terms of a custody order. If your child refuses to go to visits with the other parent, you could still be on the hook for failing to comply with a custody order.
Can I choose to live with my dad at 12?
In California, there is no specific age when a minor can “choose which parent” they want to live with. However, the preference of the child is one of the factors under the “Best Interests of the Child” Standard. In general, the older the child is, the more their preferences count.
Can a 10 year old decide which parent to live with?
In law, there is no fixed age that determines when a child can express a preference as to where they want to live. However, legally, a child cannot decide who they want to live with until they are 16 years old. Once a child reaches the age of 16, they are legally allowed to choose which parent to live with.
Do mothers have more rights than fathers UK?
The short answer to your question is yes, fathers do have the same parental rights as mothers. However, you should know that in the UK, whereas a mum automatically obtains parental responsibility as soon as her child is born, the situation is a bit more complicated for the dad.
What age can a child make their own decision?
Legally, children can make their own decisions when they reach the age of majority, which is 18 years of age.
Can a 14 year old choose where they want to live?
There is no fixed age when a child can decide on where they should live in a parenting dispute. Instead their wishes are one of many factors a court will consider in reaching a decision. That time is not attached to any specific age, but is rather the product of maturity and a level of independence.
How can a mother lose custody?
Top 4 Reasons That Could Cause a Mother to Lose Child Custody
- Physical abuse of the child. If this type of abuse is reported to law enforcement or child protective services who then act, custody could be revoked.
- Physical abuse of the partner.
- Violation of a court order.
What if your child doesn’t want to live with you?
If your child is adamant about not wanting to live with you or not wanting to hold any visitation with you, the best thing for you to do is to talk with your child about his/her feelings. Maybe this is just their way of acting out, or maybe they do have some valid concerns that you weren’t completely aware of.
How do you win a child relocation case?
Tip 1: Make sure there is a good reason to move
- The distance of the move.
- Which parent is more likely to facilitate the other parent’s relationship with the child.
- The ability of the parents to communicate with each other.
- The reasons for the move.
- Whether the move is solely intended to spite the non-moving parent.